Top 5 industries for growth in 2014
The dawning of a new year is always a time for reflection, so when we look back at 2014, what do we see? Well, when it comes to growth in new job ads, generally speaking, 2014 was a year of growth, with SEEK new job ads up 9.7% from 2013. As we previously reported, growth was typically seen month-on-month, indicating that the moderate growth was steady and consistent.
SEEK’s latest data reveals that it was the nation’s ‘non-resource’ industries that triumphed, while, in contrast, the mining, resources and energy sector reported a 36% decrease in new job ads from 2013, as the industry boom quietens.
5 industries for growth in 2014
The top five industries for percentage job ad growth between 2013 and 2014 include:
- Design and architecture (up 42%).
- Education and training (up 16%).
- Farming, animals and conservation (up 16%).
- Manufacturing, transport and logistics (up 13%).
- Community services and development (up 13%).